Hey guys! First off a little background on me, I grew up on a farm outside of Strawberry Point, Iowa. While growing up I was an avid athlete but I also loved showing beef cattle and riding horses. Currently I am a sophomore at Iowa State studying Child, Adult, and Family Services, I work in the lab school on campus and I also am a Passion Party consultant.
Academically speaking I am at my best from morning to noon because I am able to really focus and work efficiently during those times. The later on in the day that I go the more my motivation goes out the window! oops. :/ As a friend I am my best at nights and on weekends. I love to spend all my time with my friends and I would do absolutely anything for them all. Speaking in a sense of my job/career I am at my absolute best when I am working with kids. Currently I work at the lab school on campus and I LOVE my job. It's reassuring that I am really in the right major for me. Someday I hope to own my own daycare or be a preschool teacher!
I really enjoy hanging out with my friends on the weekends and going to movies. In fact, sometimes I think that my friends and I speak in movie quotes because thats what we do a lot of the time. Outside of friends I enjoy working because like I had previously said I do love my job at the lab school. When I am back home I love to help out on the farm with the livestock but I really love to ride horses. My family goes a lot together and so this is one thing that I will hopefully be able to do for a long time!
I am most passionate about children so I love learning about their development and issues within the childhood years. Outside of that I do love learning about how to grow as a person because if you aren't learning something then you aren't doing anything beneficial.
As a peer mentor I would really like to learn how to communicate better with students. Throughout this program I would also really like to gain more leadership skills then I already have because I feel this can always be worked on no matter what! I hope that for the incoming freshmen I am able to help them if they are troubled with their majors because I did have a lot of experience with this my first year. I am not joking when I say I have changed my major approximately 8 times. I was always so frustrated about this topic so I think that have been in that situation I will really be able to help anyone who is also going through any similar experience with a switch in majors.
My 9 month old "niece" wrote you guys a little letter because she wanted to say hello:
0-===0;-=;--- ¬˚jf L;KSJF;lje'lj'j'ljEKJHKHAKFEt..............:xz/elp;[;pqwopl;w[;'2'3;'a./≥÷å÷.,.probaqusw=[]'p?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????k1``````````````````````````````````````````````````23˘÷i---£e'w3'''''''''''m,,l;0./23;2------------------------------bj
Anyways I believe that is all for this first blog!
Nicole :)
I would also like to gain some leadership skills through being a peer mentor! Another area I need to work on is my conflict management, so I'm hoping that through being a peer mentor I will be put in some conflict situations so I become more comfortable.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that you work at the daycare here on campus. Every time I walk by I get jealous of the people who get to hang out with kids and get paid to do it too! Way to look at the positive side of all those major changes.
ReplyDelete